Construction Management Development Program Courses (Click Here to Enroll)
The Construction Management Development Program courses are designed to enhance the technical and management skills of small and disadvantaged contractors. Experienced professionals in the construction industry provide classroom instruction on the following topics:
Becoming an FDOT Contractor
• Learn how to use the FDOT online Internet systems to obtain information and submit bids.
• Understand bonding and bidding requirements for becoming an FDOT contractor and discover strategies for obtaining bonding.
• Explore various areas of contracting including subcontracting and joint ventures.
Plan Reading & Estimating
• Learn to read and navigate FDOT plans, specifications and standards.
• Acquire techniques to efficiently estimate jobs using FDOT plans and specifications.
• Develop accurate cost estimates from plan takeoff quantities.
Constructing and Submitting an FDOT Bid
• Learn successful bidding techniques and strategies for winning jobs.
• Understand how to prepare for bid day and submit bids successfully.
Project Planning & Scheduling
• Learn how to effectively schedule work based on project estimates.
• Understand how to effectively cash flow a project.
Fundamental Business Operations
• Better understand and organize your accounting system.
• Discover what bonding companies and banks are looking for in your business financials.
• Learn what government record keeping you need to complete.
All participants who successfully complete the Construction Management Development Program will receive a Certificate of Proficiency. DBEs who successfully complete the program are eligible to participate in the Bond Guarantee Program.
To enroll in classroom or online courses, please click here or call Construction Estimating Institute at 1-800-423-7058.
All courses are available as live classroom courses and as online self-paced courses.
LIVE COURSE SCHEDULE
Schedule: All classes are from 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Fort Lauderdale, SPANISH
Broward County Public Schools
TSSC Annex Bank Lobby
7770 W. Oakland Park Blvd.
Sunrise, FL 33351
March 1, 2019
March 8, 2019
March 15, 2019
March 22, 2019
CEI Training Center
7955 NW 12th St., Suite 203
Doral, FL 33126
March 4, 2019
March 5, 2019
March 6, 2019
March 7, 2019