Construction Management Development Program Courses (Click Here to Enroll)
The Construction Management Development Program courses are designed to enhance the technical and management skills of small and disadvantaged contractors. Experienced professionals in the construction industry provide classroom instruction on the following topics:
Becoming an FDOT Contractor
• Learn how to use the FDOT online Internet systems to obtain information and submit bids.
• Understand bonding and bidding requirements for becoming an FDOT contractor and discover strategies for obtaining bonding.
• Explore various areas of contracting including subcontracting and joint ventures.
Plan Reading & Estimating
• Learn to read and navigate FDOT plans, specifications and standards.
• Acquire techniques to efficiently estimate jobs using FDOT plans and specifications.
• Develop accurate cost estimates from plan takeoff quantities.
Constructing and Submitting an FDOT Bid
• Learn successful bidding techniques and strategies for winning jobs.
• Understand how to prepare for bid day and submit bids successfully.
Project Planning & Scheduling
• Learn how to effectively schedule work based on project estimates.
• Understand how to effectively cash flow a project.
Fundamental Business Operations
• Better understand and organize your accounting system.
• Discover what bonding companies and banks are looking for in your business financials.
• Learn what government record keeping you need to complete.
All participants who successfully complete the Construction Management Development Program will receive a Certificate of Proficiency. DBEs who successfully complete the program are eligible to participate in the Bond Guarantee Program.
To enroll in classroom or online courses, please click here or call Construction Estimating Institute at 1-800-423-7058.
All courses are available as live classroom courses and as online self-paced courses.
LIVE COURSE SCHEDULE
Schedule: All classes are from 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Entrepreneur Collaborative Center
2101 E. Palm Ave., Tampa, FL 33605
July 19th 2017
July 21st, 2017
July 28th, 2017
FDOT Main Office
605 Suwannee St. Tallahassee, FL 32399
August 15th 2017
August 22nd, 2017
August 29th, 2017
September 5th, 2017
6025 Old Bagdad Highway
Milton, FL 32583
August 17th 2017
August 24th, 2017
August 31st, 2017
September 7th, 2017
FDOT District Office
133 S. Semoran Blvd. Orlando, FL 32807
October 9th 2017
October 16th, 2017
October 23rd, 2017
October 30th, 2017
November 6th, 2017
3790 NW 21st Street
Miami, FL 33142
October 11th 2017
October 18th, 2017
October 25th, 2017
November 1st, 2017
November 8th, 2017
TSSC Annex Bank Lobby
7770 West Oakland Park Blvd.
Sunrise, FL 33351
October 13th 2017
October 20th, 2017
October 27th, 2017
November 3rd, 2017
November 10th, 2017
CEI Main Office
5016 Calle Minorga
Sarasota, Florida, 34242